In this course the student will learns to locate points using angles and distances for establishing curves. An essential tool in construction surveying when determining the line of a curve for road layout or some other type of curved construction.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understand & calculate simple horizontal curves
- Explain obstacles to curve locations
- Calculate & discuss Compound and Reverse Curves
- Explain & calculate Transition Spirals
- Discuss & calculate Vertical Curves
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 10 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies three (3) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.