This course provides guidance for documenting accurate boundary descriptions and locations by survey in the standards followed for Executive and public land orders and proclamations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Discuss land descriptions
- Explain the public land survey system
- Discuss metes-and-bounds surveys
- Discuss lot and block descriptions
- Explain illustrations and coordinates
- Understand form and arrangement
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 10 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies Three (3) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.