This course focuses on criteria for water source development, design of small water supply, treatment, and distribution systems. This professional engineer online course is from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers manual on the Design of Small Water Systems. This manual provides information of interest to planners and designers of small water systems. The major emphasis of this course is on the design of systems that will be effective and reliable, requiring a level of operation and management activity commensurate with their physical size and the available sources.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Preliminary Water System Planning and Design Considerations
- Water Quality Requirements (State, EPA, local)
- Water Quantity Requirements
- Water Source Options and Source Development
- Water Treatment Unit Operations such as Disinfection, Iron Removal
- Manganese Removal, Hardness Removal, Taste and Odor Removal
- Stability and Corrosion Control, Turbidity Removal, Color Removal, and many other technologies and their applications
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 20 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies 3 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.