This course provides the engineer the basic understanding of the operation and design of Diesel Engines. The student will learn in depth, the diesel engine operation including an overview of all basic components as well as the different cycles and the operation of all essential systems of modern day diesel engines.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Describe Diesel Engine Operation both 2 and 4 stroke
- Discuss the history & background of diesel engines
- Understand the functions of different components and subsystems of a diesel engine
- Describe typical terminology and design features
- Discuss Engine Fuel Control and speed control design operations
- Explain the engine protection system and components
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This 1.5 hour (90 min) on-demand webinar satisfies timed and monitored instruction required for Ohio Licensed Professional Engineers. Upon completion all attendees will able to immediately print a certificate of completion. Records also are available anytime online by accessing your account on EZ-pdh.com. This course satisfies 1 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.