This focuses on the measured energy performance for 121 LEED New Construction buildings, and compares the data to a variety of benchmarks, including Commercial Building Energy Consumption Survey (CBECS) averages, Energy Star ratings and modeled energy performance estimates provided with LEED submittals.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Recognize how energy performance of the sample set of buildings was evaluated
- Understand energy savings of LEED certified buildings
- Discern the accuracy of energy models
- Discern the accuracy of building specific energy models
- Interpret the strength and weeknesses of using LEED
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 10 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies 2 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.