Fundamentals of Gas Turbine Engines: 5 PDH
Concepts for machines that harness power from heated air or water have been around since the 1600s. From this beginning, the gas turbine engine now is at the center of major industries including: aviation, naval propulsion, and power generation. This course provides an overview of the development of gas turbines, operational theory, Brayton cycle, conditions and design limitations that affect performance, types of turbine engines and components utilized in a gas turbine engine.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- History of development of the gas turbine
- Basic gas turbine engine operation theory, Brayton Cycle
- Factor affecting engine performance
- Types of gas turbine engines
- Components of a gas turbine engine
- Gas turbine engine auxiliary systems
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 25 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies 5 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.