In this course the student will understand the basics of operating a small engineering contracting business. This course is broken into three informational lessons that discuss the following: the legal structures of businesses, financial management, & time management.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about the different types of business structures and find the one best suited for your business
- Explain the concept of time management and why is it important to your success
- Learn and apply time management tools & techniques to increase your time efficiency
- Explain the concept of financial management and why it is important to a small business
- Understand the importance and use of budgeting, bookkeeping, cash flow analysis, and profit & loss statements
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 20 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies two (2) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.