This course covers hazardous waste regulated by the EPA under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), starting with determining whether what waste is considered a solid waste according to the RCRA regulations and moving on to determining if it fits one of the RCRA requirements for being a hazardous waste.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Fundamentals of the hazardous waste identification process
- Definition of hazardous waste & solid waste as used by RCRA
- How to identify listed hazardous wastes and their characteristics
- Interpretation of the mixture and ‘derived-from’ rules
- Interpretation of the contained-in policy
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 16 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies 2 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.