In this course the student will study two ethics courses including the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Statutes and Regulations. A total of thirty (30) questions will test his or her understanding of the subject.
This course satisfies the 2 required hours of professional practice ethics, ref. § 13:40-13.1
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The engineer’s guidelines for practicing within New Jersey’s statutes and regulations
- The engineer’s duty to protect the public
- The engineer’s duty to make objective and truthful statements
- The engineer’s duty to limit practice to his or her field of competence
- The engineer’s duty to maintain client confidentiality
- The engineer’s responsibility to the profession
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 30 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies 4 professional development hours (PDH)/credits of continuing professional competency of continuing education.