In this course you the student will understand the motivation, process, design, and cost of converting biomass into biofuel. The focus of this course is to find a plausible pathway to convert algal carbohydrates and lipids to fuel and to minimize cost during production.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Why the motivation to exploit this energy supply
- Process design and cost estimation
- Economics and processing cost factors
- Analysis of processing research on case study
- Future research and opportunities
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 20 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies four (4) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.