In this online course a student will learn about the different ways pumped storage hydropower and conduit hydropower can enhance renewable energy portfolio’s, the steps necessary to develop this new technology, and the common barriers encountered for deployment.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of pumped storage hydropower
- Understanding of potential hydropower from conduits
- Addresses the technical flexibility that existing pumped storage facilities can provide to support intermittent renewable energy generation
- Describing grid reliability benefits
- Understanding the differences between Pumped storage hydropower and conduit hydropower
- Safety aspects of constructing conduit hydropower projects on existing water-conveyance structures
- Current status and the future outlook for PSH in the United States
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 10 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies three (1) continuing education hour (CEH)/professional development hour (PDH) of continuing education.