In this course we will review the management and administrative procedures that practitioners will need to guide construction projects from the pre-construction phase to project close out successfully. The course will benefit professional engineers serving as project managers or field representatives by presenting techniques that can be applied to the construction project to enhance operations, improve scheduling, mitigate issues, and help minimize and resolve claims or disputes.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Describe the different types of project delivery systems
- Discuss the various responsibilities of each project member
- Discuss necessary documentation and construction laws
- Explain the bidding process and contract award
- Describe planning, scheduling, and operations
- Discuss changes and handling claims and disputes
- Explain project closeouts
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This 3 hour (150 min) webinar satisfies online live instruction required for Ohio, New York, Wisconsin & Iowa Licensed Professional Engineers. Upon completion all attendees will receive a record in a form of a certificate of completion. Records will be emailed to all attendees and available anytime online by accessing your account on EZ-pdh.com. This course satisfies 3 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.