In this course the student will understand the best practices for the design and construction of bases and subbases for concrete pavements as well as the effects on performance.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Describe the best practices for design & construction of bases & subbases
- Discuss the early use and history of bases & subbases
- Understand the pavement layer configuration
- Explain design considerations for bases and subbases
- Discuss design of bases/subbases layers for rigid pavements
- Describe the materials utilized for bases & subbases
- Understand the construction of bases/subbases layers
- Explain cost considerations
- Discuss European practices of design and construction with bases & subbases for rigid pavements
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This 1 hour (50 min) webinar satisfies online live instruction required for Ohio, New York, Wisconsin & Iowa Licensed Professional Engineers. Upon completion all attendees will receive a record in a form of a certificate of completion. Records will be emailed to all attendees and available anytime online by accessing your account on EZ-pdh.com. This course satisfies 2 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.