This course examines professionalism, ethical decision making and the responsibilities of being a professional engineer. We also will cover the basic legal & ethical aspects of opening & operating a small engineering contracting business – covering essential tips to set-up, manage finances & time and employees.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Describe the value of being a Professional and discuss the various aspects of professionalism
- Understand the responsibilities of being a professional engineer and discuss ethical principles and codes of conduct
- Learn about the different types of business structures and find the one best suited for their business
- Explain the concept of time management and why is it important to their business
- Understand the importance and use of budgeting, bookkeeping, cash flow analysis, and profit & loss statements
- Understand the cash method and accrual methods of accounting
- Identify the three factors used to determine if a worker is an employee or independent contractor
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This 3 hour (150 min) webinar satisfies online live instruction required Licensed Professional Engineers. Upon completion all attendees will receive a record in a form of a certificate of completion. Records will be emailed to all attendees and available anytime online by accessing your account on EZ-pdh.com. This course satisfies 3 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.