In this course the student will receive guidance on designing durable homes for today’s housing industry, addressing critical topics, including water vapor management, envelope design, and natural hazards.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Explain durability and critical areas of concern on residential structures
- Understand the negative effects of ground water, rain water, and water vapor
- Discuss HVAC and plumbing designs for durability/li>
- Discuss effects of solar radiation and mitigation techniques
- Explain decay, corrosion, and natural hazards effects and solutions for durability
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 20 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies five professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.