Electrical Safety Introduction to Aerial Lines: 5 PDH
This online course includes specific requirments for poles and structures, pole mounted equipment, and aerial lines. This course is intended for electrical engineers and electrical maintenance technicians interested in safe working conditions handling aerial electrical power distribution lines. Requirments addressed for aerial line work, include pole handling and erection, climbing and working on poles, stringing of lines, working around pole-mounted lighting and other equipment, tool handling, tree and brush trimming adjacent to an aerial line right of way.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Have a better understanding of pole handling operations, pole installation, replacement and removal
- Learn about ground handling of poles
- Requirements for poles
- Understand the gin pole method
- General rules for pole climbing
- Proper procedure for sharpening gaffs
- How to work safely on crossing structures
- Understand the importance of tree trimming and brush removal
- Know the terminology of aerial rope use
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a twenty (20) question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies five (5) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.