Fire Protection System Design: 3 PDH
This three (3) hour course overviews standards to design and build an environment for building occupants that is reasonably safe from fire and products of combustion as well as how to provide a reasonable level of building usability and property protection from the effects of fire and products of combustion.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Become familiar and identify fire protection engineering design criteria
- Discuss the various building fire protection devices and installation standards
- Examine adequacy for water supply and the various methods and standards to implement sprinkler systems
- Understand fire extinguishing systems – the how, what, and where to install
- Identify fire alarm system design guidlines and installation standards
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a fifteen (15) question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies three (3) continuing education hour (CEH)/professional development hour (PDH) of continuing education.