Interior Electrical Distribution Systems: 3 PDH
This course provides an introduction to interior electrical distribution systems for buildings and related infrastructure. Topics covered in this course include transformers, service entrances, switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, motor controls and motor control centers. After completing this course you will have gained knowledge of circuitry and electrical equipment found in buildings and how to design an interior electrical distribution system for buildings.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn how to select and specify transformers
- Have knowledge of service entrance requirements and learn about switchgear and switchboards
- Know the basic considerations when employing panelboards
- Know the requirments for motor control centers
- Know the fundamentals of motor controls and motor control circuites
- Know when to employ surge protection devices
- Understand Raceways and wiring devices
- Learn about emergency engine generator sets
- What is automatic transfer equipment
- Learn how to employ stationary batteries and battery chargers
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a fifteen (15) question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies three (3) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.