New Mexico – Ethics including NM Laws and Rules for Professional Engineers: 4 PDH
In this course the student will study two ethics courses including the New Mexico State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors Laws and Rules. A total of thirty (30) questions will test his or her understanding of the subject.
This course satisfies the New Mexico continuing education requirement of two (2) professional development hours in engineering ethics, (ref. New Mexico Administrative Code Title 22.214.171.124 subsection D).
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The engineer’s guidelines for practicing within New Mexico's laws and rules
- The engineer’s duty to protect the public
- The engineer’s duty to make objective and truthful statements
- The engineer’s duty to limit practice to his or her field of competence
- The engineer’s duty to maintain client confidentiality
- The engineer’s responsibility to the profession
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a thirty (30) question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies four (4) professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.