Public Land Survey: Rectangular System (Ohio Timed): 7 PDH
Students Completed: 41
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Explain the general scheme of the rectangular system: points, meridian, base lines, parallels, etc.
- Understand township boundaries
- Discuss subdivision of townships
- Discuss extension and completion surveys
- Explain methods of section subdivision
- Discuss protraction diagrams and developing amended diagrams
- Explain methods of surveying amended protraction diagrams
- Discuss meandering & swamp/overflowed lands
- Discuss limits of closure for original survey & soil classification
- Understand legal settings of Ordinary High Water Mark (OHWM)
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 25 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies seven professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.