Structural Design Criteria For Structures Other Than Buildings: 2 PDH
This two hour online course establishes structural design criteria for structures other than buildings, furnishes design guidance for various types of structures, and identifies special considerations with regard to certain materials in specific applications. Structures other than buildings which are covered in this course include the following: bridges; dock and harbor facilities; drainage structures; bulk material structures; water and wastewater structures; and mechanical, electrical, and communication structures. The course materials are based entirely on the Technical Manual TM 5-809-6/AFM 88-3 of Joint Departments of the Army and Air Force USA: Structural Design Criteria for Structures Other Than Buildings.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED4>
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Know the common building materials used in construction
- Types of structures used in transportation, water & electrical distribution
- Support requirements for mechanical systems and bulk materials
- Design criteria for various types of structures
- Identify special considerations with regard to certain materials in specific applications.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a fifteen (15) question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies 2 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.