Thermodynamics: 8 PDH
Students Completed: 1774
This course provides a detailed overview of Thermodynamics Principles and Practices including thermodynamic principles in practical industrial, commercial and residential applications. The student will comprehend, analyze and solve various types of practical thermodynamic problems through several case studies. Laws, equations, graphs, charts, tables and diagrams, pertaining to various thermodynamics concepts, are covered and utilized in the analysis and solution of the case study problems.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Energy concepts and extension/application of the law of conservation of energy
- Conversion of thermal energy to electricity through steam turbines and electric generators
- Understanding and application of Steam Tables
- Fundamental and essential concepts such as entropy, enthalpy, heat of fusion, heat of sublimation, latent and sensible heat
- Thermodynamic processes
- Heat engine cycles
- Pyschrometric analysis based on psychrometric chart
- Refrigeration cycle related numerical analysis utilizing Pressure –Enthalpy Charts
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a 30 question multiple-choice quiz. The quiz can be retaken unlimited times until a passing grade of 70% or better is earned. This course satisfies 8 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.