This course presents an in-depth look at steel fasteners. A broad range of topics will be discussed including fastener strength, thread design , applications, properties and tensioning methods. This course will go beyond the standards and specifications and provide engineers with a thorough understanding of fasteners and fastener design and applications as well as helpful background information.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Explain the basics of bolting
- Gain an understanding of the materials and properties of steel fasteners
- Become familiar with fastener construction & coatings
- Understand fastener design criteria and applications
- Discuss practical tensioning methods
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This 1.5 hour (75 min) webinar satisfies online live instruction required Licensed Professional Engineers. Upon completion all attendees will receive a record in a form of a certificate of completion. Records will be emailed to all attendees and available anytime online by accessing your account on EZ-pdh.com. This course satisfies 1.5 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.