This course presents engineers with important information about the design and construction of community and residential safe rooms that will provide protection during tornado and hurricane events. The course will center around design guides FEMA P-320, P-361, and ICC 500.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL OBTAINED
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Discuss Costs and Tolls of Tornado and Hurricane Disasters
- Explain Assessing Risks of Tornado and Hurricane Disasters
- Describe Storm Shelter/Safe Room Designs Guidelines in regards to location, flying debris resistance, flooding, etc.
- Explain Storm Shelter/Safe Room Design Structural Design & Loading
- Discuss FEMA Safe Room Plans
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
This 1 hour (50 min) webinar satisfies online live instruction required Licensed Professional Engineers. Upon completion all attendees will receive a record in a form of a certificate of completion. Records will be emailed to all attendees and available anytime online by accessing your account on EZ-pdh.com. This course satisfies 1 professional development hours (PDH) of continuing education.